SCA funding sponsor
Sask Cup Mountain Bike
and Cross Series Sponsor:
Various levels of sponsorship are available. To read more about the Program go to:
» Program Info
Welcome On this website, you will find information relating to cycling in the province of Saskatchewan.
The Saskatchewan Cycling Association (SCA) is actively involved in road and mountain bike racing, BMX, randonneur cycling, /recreation, transportation, off-road touring, trail access and safe cycling education programs. The SCA is a volunteer non-profit association that promotes bicycling for sport, recreation, and transportation. Funded through Saskatchewan Lotteries, the SCA provides opportunities for individuals to experience all forms of cycling through its member clubs.
Join a cycling club and become a part of the SCA. We have a host of programs we can offer including: individual/family activities, fun, fitness, competitive programs, recreational programs, advocacy, education and safe cycling.
October 4 & 5- Professional Computer Services Sask Cup Cross 1 & 2-BCW
October 11- Cycledelia Rural Endurall
October 12- Professional Computer Services Sask Cup Cross 3- Cycledelia
October 18 & 19-Professional Computer Services Cross Provincials-Regina
|View all Events
- December 16- Saskatchewan Cycling Achievement Awards Nominations are now open. Don't miss the chance to honor someone in your club! SCA members are eligible to nominate individuals for the SCA Achievement Awards. The nomination forms must be submitted to the SCA office by January 31, late submissions will not be accepted. For a description of the Awards and for a copy of the nomination form, go to : http://www.saskcycling.ca/results/awards/index.html. The following awards are available to nominate members for: Top Competitive Cyclists: - Wotton Bowl Award (Road top rider of the year); Cyclocross Top Rider of the Year Award; Mountain Bike Top Rider of the Year Award; Ken Wilson Achievement Award Outstanding Volunteer Contributions: -Cameco Volunteer Award (Mountain Bike); Outstanding Volunteer in the Road (and Cross) Sector Award; Outstanding Volunteer in the Recreation & Transportation Sector; President's Awards
- October 22- The cyclocross series points are now completed
- October 21- Results are now available for Profesional Computer Services Sask Cup Cyclocross 4 & 5
- October 14- Results are now available for Professional Computer Services Sask Cup #3
- October 8- "The War at Wascana" - two days of cyclocross racing action in the heart of Wascana Park. The course will be on the north shore of the lake, just south of the Royal Saskatchewan Museum. Parking either at the museum, on the road in Wascana Park or at the NE Wascana Park lot. Expect lots of technical corners, sand pits, high speeds, elevation changes and short hard efforts. Professional Computer Services Sask Cup Cross 4 - Saturday October 18th 3PM - tune up the legs, gather your Sask Cup points and rip it on a course that's 100% fun. Professional Computer Services Sask Cup Cross 5 the Provincial Championshps - Sunday October 19th 11AM - this is it, the conclusion of the 2014 Saskatchwan racing calendar. You've had 6 months to train, it all comes down to this. Provincial medals are on the line and will be handed out after the race at the bandshell. Prizes courtesy of Big Sky Cycles and Offroad Syndicate... plus on course goodies courtesy of our rabid fans! There is a "Category 6" for racers under 15, kids 10 and up I encourage you to give it a try. Reduced cost as well, $20 for 2 days of racing fun! Online registration closes at 5:00PM on Friday October 17th. Online registration is for both days for $40. Day of registration will be available for an additional fee.
- September 29- Moose Jaw Pavers are hosting a sustainable trail workshop on Oct. 4, 2014 from 9am-5pm at Buffalo Pound Provincial Park. For more information or to RSVP please click here hosted by Cycledelia
- September 18- Registration is open for the Professional Computer Services Sask Cup 1 that is being hosted by BCW. Please see their technical guide as well
- September 18- Saskatoon indoor cycling is booked Nov. 30; Dec. 7, 14, 21. Please see the indoor cycling guidelines
- September 15- Cycledelia's Rural Endurall event is happening Oct. 11 Register here
- August 27- For the upcoming cyclocross season the SCA is going to change the starting of the race a little bit. All cyclocross racers will line up within their category. There will be a physical separation, between one wheel length to a whole bike length, between each category. There will be no time gap start, only the physical separation
- August 20- Results for the 40K ITT and the results for the Sask Cup MTB #3 are available now
- August 12- The Horizon 100 Cycling Club’s annual HARVEST CENTURY ride is coming up Sunday September 7th. As the name implies, this is a challenging ride where you can choose to ride either 100 kilometers or 100 MILES! The ride is supported with rest stops along the way where you can have your route cards stamped and enjoy some awesome food. The best part of the Harvest Century is the celebration in the evening after the ride… as part of your registration there is a full banquet at the Saskatoon Berry Barn where you can refill your tanks overlooking the Saskatchewan River! Registration is now open. Register before August 30th for a chance to win a shiny new Norco Indie 3 Bike courtesy of the Bike Doctor. For more information and to register click here.
- August 12- Registration is open for the 40K ITT here that is being hosted by RCC. It is being held 3km south of Ceylon
- July 31 - SCA Provincial 15K TT, Crit, RR - PDF
- July 28 - Shawna Ryan and Audrey Lemieux competed in Women's Tandem representing Canada at the World Para Cycling Cup in Segovia Spain. They finished 6th in the ITT just 23 seconds off a podium place. They finished 8th in the road race. Congratulations to them. They earned UCI points in both races and now have a good chance of being invited to the World Para Cycling Championships in Greenville SC at the end of August.
- July 9 - The BCW Club is running a cross-country mountain bike night race at Blackstrap on Saturday July 19, 2014. For more information or to register go here
- July 3 - 3 sask cyclists, Bob C, Marj O & Alex Y have qualified and will be riding in the B.C. Van-Isle 1200 km brevet starting July 14 in Victoria. This randonneur ride (without a sag wagon) must be completed in 90 hrs (from start to finish) Sleep time & meal time is included in the 90 hrs
- July 2 - Results are up for Sask Cup #2- - Bikes on Broadway and Sask Cup #3-- Tour the Prairies
- June 30 - After Thursday’s exciting .34 seconds behind first place time trial finish to secure second place for Shawna Ryan and her pilot Audrey Lemieux, everyone was excited to see how the road race would turn out. Would the new comers be able to repeat that kind of performance against World and Canadian Champions Robbi Weldon and Lynne Bessette or was it just luck. The road race went out hard and the first attack came 2 kilometers into the race. The attacks kept on coming until there were only had 3 teams at the front of the race at the second lap turn around. The teams of Robbi Weldon/ Lynne Bessette and Shawna Ryan/ Audrey Lemieux tried on numerous occasions to drop the other teams. Shawna Ryan and Audrey Lemieux were not going to go quietly. At the turn around for lap three only Robbie Weldon/Lynne Bessette and Shawna Ryan/Audrey Lemieux were left.
The attacks and counter attacks continued. Everyone was expecting a sprint finish. Just before the final turn around with 7.5 km to go, Robbi and Lynne attacked on the hill. Shawna and Audrey immediately responded with such force that they broke the tandem drive chain. That allowed Robbi and Lynne to get clear for the Canadian Championship win. Fortunately the “chain incident” happened right in front of Cycling Canada Coach Sebastien Travers. He put a call out to neutral service to bring Shawna and Audrey a chain connecting link. They responded and got the unhappy ladies back on the road after a 5 minute delay.
They had such a big lead on the other competitors that they were still able to power to the finish line for the silver medal position. Shawna and Audrey both felt strong and that they had what it would take to win a potential sprint finish. Even though that didn’t happen for them, they learned something very valuable. They can compete with some of the world’s premier tandem teams. Though they are a new team and have a lot to learn they have the potential to become a very competitive tandem team at the National and World level
June 26-Shawna Ryan and pilot, Audrey Lemieux, placed second in the ITT at the Canadian Road Cycling Championship. They were 34 one hundredths of a second behind World and Canadian Champions Robbi Weldon and Lynne Bessette. Congratulations!
- June 20- Due to all the rain we have had we need to postpone the Wascana Challenge MTB race. We will update when a new date has been set
- June 18- Saskatoon is having their Cycling Superweek from July 2-8th. There is a different event each night. To see a list of the schedule go here
- June 18- Registration is open for Horizon 100 Prairie Gran Fondo here
- June 16- Some of our Team Sask riders just got back from the Banff Bike Fest. Congratulations to all our riders who went and competed! I would like to especially acknowledge Juliette Wheler who made the podium for the Tunnel Mountain Stage Race and finished 9th in the general classification. As well as Lukas Conly was 6th in the general classification for men's cat. 3 and was within 1 minute of the overall winner's time. A job well done for all our athletes that competed!
- June 6 - Registration is open for the Wascana Challenge here
- May 27 - results Sask Cup Moutain Bike #2 - Grannys Oak Twister Esterhazy
- May 23 - Registration is open for the RCC Tour de Prairie
- May 16 - Masters: Amateur Road World Championships - The Amateur Road World Championships is the final event of the season-long World Cycling Tour, and replaces the former Masters Road World Championships. Canadian Masters interested in attending this event should consult the document http://www.cyclingcanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2014-04-17-Amateur-Road-Worlds-FINAL-AMENDED.pdf
- May 16 - results Sask Cup Mountain Bike #1 - North Battleford
- May 15 - results Sask Cup Road #1 - Moose Jaw
Archives: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006
|The Saskatchewan Cycling Association
Our Vision Statement … "The Saskatchewan Cycling Association is the leader in recreational and competitive cycling, cycling safety, and cycling as a lifelong activity for all Saskatchewan people."
Our Mission Statement … "The Saskatchewan Cycling Association exists to promote and enhance the Saskatchewan cycling experience while recognizing its benefits to the individual and society."
The SCA promotes and organizes almost every type of cycling event you can think of. If you are a recreational cyclist or someone who takes the sport a little more seriously there is something to fit your tastes in the province.
Several well established bicycle recreation clubs exist in Saskatchewan. These clubs are dedicated to the promotion of the sport of recreational cycling and bicycle touring. They have regularly planned city, country and off-road rides.
The SCA continues to promote safe cycling through the Canadian Cycling Association's Can-Bike Program and by the delivery of safe cycling presentations at Saskatchewan schools.
Saskatchewan has one of the newest complete racing programs in the country. The SCA categorizes competitive racers by ability and age for road racing, and ability level for mountain bike racing. Races are offered at club, in-province and out of province levels. All levels of racing ability are welcome at the club rides and for provincial races skills include from the beginner to the expert.
Randonneuring or marathon cycling is a form of recreational touring and competitive cycling. Cyclists travel distances of 200 to 1000 kilometers against the clock. On the world circuit, the yearly Brevet series is a warm up to the pinnacle event - Paris-Brest-Paris - a 1,200 km event in France that attracts over 4000 cyclists every 4 years