SCA funding sponsor
Sask Cup Mountain Bike
and Cross Series Sponsor:
Various levels of sponsorship are available. To read more about the Program go to:
╗ Program Info
Welcome On this website, you will find information relating to cycling in the province of Saskatchewan.
The Saskatchewan Cycling Association (SCA) is actively involved in road and mountain bike racing, BMX, randonneur cycling, /recreation, transportation, off-road touring, trail access and safe cycling education programs. The SCA is a volunteer non-profit association that promotes bicycling for sport, recreation, and transportation. Funded through Saskatchewan Lotteries, the SCA provides opportunities for individuals to experience all forms of cycling through its member clubs.
Join a cycling club and become a part of the SCA. We have a host of programs we can offer including: individual/family activities, fun, fitness, competitive programs, recreational programs, advocacy, education and safe cycling.
May 2-3 Spring Classic Road #1, Moose Jaw Pavers
May 10- Pike Lake Roubaix (rescheduled)
May 16-18 Bikes on Broadway Road #2, Cycledelia
May 24- Esterhazy MTB #1, EQC
June 7-Pine Needle Mountain Bike & Music Festival
June 14- Blackstrap MTB #2, NBR/BCW
June 20-Gran A Fondo, Melfort
June 28- Buffalo Pound MTB #3, Moose Jaw Pavers
July 1-9-Velapalooza, Saskatoon's Super Week of Cycling
July 5- Prairie Gran Fondo, Horizon
July 11-12 Provincial Road Weekend, Regina, RCC
July 18-26 GASP
July 26 Swift Current Cactus Cup MTB #4
August 8-11 Western Canada Summer Games, Woof Buffalo
August 23- Provincial MTB #5-Wascana Trails, ORS
TBA- 40K ITT, Regina, RCC
|View all Events
- May 13- Registration is now open for Pine Needle Mountain Bike & Music Festival here
- May 13-Moose Jaw Spring Classic Race Results Congratulations to the winners of each Category, who receive free entry into next year’s Spring Classic in Moose Jaw.
- Cat 1/2/3 - David Vaughn, Esterhazy, EQC
- Cat 4 - Scott Jardine, Brandon
- Cat 5 - Brent Thumlert, Calgary, Speed Theory
- May 11- Results are up for the Moose Jaw Spring Classic
- May 8-Welcome to the RCC Gravel FUNdo! A gravel bike ride/tour/race that takes riders on some of the most scenic and challenging roads in the Qu’Appelle Valley. This style of event is becoming extremely popularly all over North America, and it’s happening in Saskatchewan this summer! The FUNdo Epic will be a figure 8-style course covering 94km, while the FUNdo Mini will be one loop of 54km. The majority of the course will be loose gravel/dirt, so bring a bike that can handle off-road riding. The ride will be unsupported and riders will have to carry their own nutrition and water. Cross bikes, gravel bikes, and mountain bikes are mostly commonly used. If we get rain prior to the event or it’s looking like rain day of the event, we have alternate routes that will be used. Paint, arrows, and pylons will guide you through the course. Riders MUST have a Saskatchewan Cycling membership for insurance. Big thank you to our club sponsors Dutch Cycle and Western Cycle. Support you local bike shop´üŐ Start area/parking will be at the Condie Nature Refuge- 14km NW of Regina, just off of Hwy 11 at Exit A; watch for signs. Sign on in the parking lot at 9:00am. Start time 10:00am. Food and prizes to follow. Cost: $25.00, pre-registration closes Tuesday, June 16th. $40.00 late entry or day of event. Register here Long Course Short Course
- May 7- Saskatoon’s premier event, Bikes on Broadway is being held May 16 to 18, 2015. Presented by ClearTech & Round Table Management, this is the race you won’t want to miss! For more information go to www.bikesonbroadway.ca Registration deadline is midnight Thursday, May 14. Register at: www.bikesonbroadway.ca/registration/
- April 28- Pike Lake Roubaix has been rescheduled for May 10 due to the snow over the weekend
- April 20-The 5th Annual Pine Needle Mountain Bike & Music Festival, Sunday June 7th, Little Red River Park, Prince Albert 6 Hour Mountain Bike Enduro/Relay. Enter as an Individual, Team of 2 or Team of 4. Prizes for most laps completed, and most money raised (with proceeds going towards Little Red River Park improvements). For more info, registration forms and pledge form visit: www.pineneedlebikefestival.com
- April 14- Registration is open for the Moose Jaw Spring Classic
- April 9- Registration is open for Pike Lake Roubaix
- March 27-Cycledelia Pike Lake Roubaix Classic - April 26, 2015 - Saskatoon, SK Considered one of our toughest races of the year, the Cycledelia Pike Lake Roubaix Classic is part gravel, part paved - and 100% challenging. Being the first race on our calendar, it's a great event to ramp up your fitness level, or get some final high-end conditioning for the upcoming season! A long race of 70km (5 laps) is offered as well as an intermediate race of 42km (3 laps) and short race of 28km (2 laps). SCA general membership is required. Register online at: (Coming soon) Please visit our Facebook page for more info. Race Map
- March 25-A notice to all SCA member's. We will be having our Annual General Meeting on March 29, 2015 at 9:30am. We will have a video conference between Regina (2205 Victoria Ave) and Saskatoon (510 Cynthia St)
- Press release for funding of Wascana Trails PDF. There is public consultation happening at 2205 Victoria Ave on February 5th at 7:00pm
- January 26- Registration is open for WinterShines FatBike SnowCross
- January 14- 1st Annual WinterShines FatBike SnowCross is being held in Saskatoon at the Riverlanding West on January 31 at 2pm. Sign-on and pre-ride is at 1pm. $15 for FatLanders FatTire Brigade and non members for $20. Must be a member of SCA to register
- Archives: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006
|The Saskatchewan Cycling Association
Our Vision Statement … "The Saskatchewan Cycling Association is the leader in recreational and competitive cycling, cycling safety, and cycling as a lifelong activity for all Saskatchewan people."
Our Mission Statement … "The Saskatchewan Cycling Association exists to promote and enhance the Saskatchewan cycling experience while recognizing its benefits to the individual and society."
The SCA promotes and organizes almost every type of cycling event you can think of. If you are a recreational cyclist or someone who takes the sport a little more seriously there is something to fit your tastes in the province.
Several well established bicycle recreation clubs exist in Saskatchewan. These clubs are dedicated to the promotion of the sport of recreational cycling and bicycle touring. They have regularly planned city, country and off-road rides.
The SCA continues to promote safe cycling through the Canadian Cycling Association's Can-Bike Program and by the delivery of safe cycling presentations at Saskatchewan schools.
Saskatchewan has one of the newest complete racing programs in the country. The SCA categorizes competitive racers by ability and age for road racing, and ability level for mountain bike racing. Races are offered at club, in-province and out of province levels. All levels of racing ability are welcome at the club rides and for provincial races skills include from the beginner to the expert.
Randonneuring or marathon cycling is a form of recreational touring and competitive cycling. Cyclists travel distances of 200 to 1000 kilometers against the clock. On the world circuit, the yearly Brevet series is a warm up to the pinnacle event - Paris-Brest-Paris - a 1,200 km event in France that attracts over 4000 cyclists every 4 years